First, the focus of design
1. The rubber inlet should be opened in the thick part of the product to ensure smooth and complete filling;
2. Try to open it at the edge or bottom without affecting the appearance and function of the product;
3. At the cold material hole near the gate, the pull rod is often set at the end to facilitate the demolding of the runner;
4. large or flat products, it is recommended to use multi-point pouring, to prevent product warping deformation and lack of material;
5. its position should be selected in the shortest part of the plastic filling process to reduce pressure loss, which is conducive to mold exhaust;
6. Avoid opening the gate near the slender core, so as to avoid the flow directly impacting the core, resulting in deformation misalignment or bending;
7. The size of the gate is determined by the size of the product, the geometry, the structure and the type of plastic. The small size can be taken first and then corrected according to the condition of the test mold;
8. Through the analysis or experience of the mold flow, it can be judged whether the joint line of the product due to the position of the gate affects the appearance and function of the product, and can be solved by adding a cold material hole;
9. When the mold plastic is more than one hole, the same product adopts the symmetric infusion method. When different products are formed in the same mold, the largest product is placed in the position close to the main channel.
Second, pay attention to the main points
1.Do not only focus on product design, ignoring plastic mold manufacturing
Some users tend to focus on product development and development when developing products or new products, and neglect communication with plastic mold making units. After the product design plan is initially determined, there are three advantages to be in contact with the mold manufacturer in advance:
(1) It can ensure that the designed product has a good forming process, and the shaped design will not be modified because the parts are difficult to process;
(2) The mold making party can prepare the design in advance to prevent the inconvenience in the rush and affect the construction period;
(3) Producing high-quality plastic molds, only the close cooperation between the supply and demand sides can ultimately reduce costs and shorten the cycle.
2. Do not only look at the price, from the quality, cycle, service all-round consideration
(1) There are many types of molds, which can be roughly divided into ten categories. According to different requirements of parts materials, physical and chemical properties, mechanical strength, dimensional accuracy, surface finish, service life, economy, etc., different types of molds are selected;
(2) Plastic Mould with high precision requirements need to be processed by high-precision CNC machine tools, and the Plastic Molding materials and forming processes are strictly required. CAD / CAE / CAM mold technology is also needed to design and analyze;
(3) Some parts have special requirements for molding, and the mold also needs to use advanced processes such as hot runner, gas-assisted molding, and nitrogen cylinder;
(4) Manufacturers should have CNC, EDM, wire cutting machine tools and CNC copy milling equipment, high precision grinding machines, high precision three coordinate measuring instruments, computer design and related software;
(5) Generally, large-scale stamping dies (such as automobile cover parts molds) should consider whether the machine tool has a crimping mechanism, or even a lubricant, multi-station grade. In addition to punching tonnage, it is necessary to consider the punching, feeding device, machine tool and mold protection device;
(6) The manufacturing methods and processes of the above molds are not available and mastered by every company. When choosing a collaborative manufacturer, you must understand its processing capabilities, not only look at hardware equipment, but also combine management level, processing experience and technical strength;
(7) For the same set of molds, there are sometimes large gaps in the prices of different manufacturers. You should not pay more than the cost of the mold, and should not be less than the cost of the mold. Mold manufacturers, like you, have to make a reasonable profit in the business. Ordering a set of molds with much lower quotations can be a hassle to start. Users must start from their own requirements and measure them comprehensively.
3. To avoid multi-headed collaboration, try to make plastic mold production and product processing one-stop
(1) With a qualified mold (test piece qualified), it is not always possible to produce a batch of qualified products. This is mainly related to the selection of the machine tool for the part, the forming process (forming temperature, forming time, etc.) and the technical quality of the operator;
(2) With good molds, there must be good forming and processing. It is best to work together in a one-stop manner to avoid long-term collaboration. If the conditions are not met, it is necessary to choose a party to be fully responsible, and be sure to write clearly when ordering the contract.
Post time: Feb-15-2019