Plastic Mold Making You Must Grasp These Few
The problems that plastic mold part design should pay attention to are:
1. The rubber inlet should be opened in the thick part of the product to ensure smooth and complete filling;
2. Try to open it at the edge or bottom without affecting the appearance and function of the product;
3. At the cold material hole near the gate, the pull rod is often set at the end to facilitate the demolding of the runner;
4, large or flat products, it is recommended to use multi-point pouring, to prevent product warping deformation and lack of material;
5, its position should be selected in the shortest part of the plastic filling process to reduce pressure loss, which is conducive to mold exhaust;
6, avoid opening the gate near the slender core, so as to avoid the flow directly impacting the core, resulting in deformation misalignment or bending;
7. The size of the gate is determined by the size of the product, the geometry, the structure and the type of plastic. The small size can be taken first and then corrected according to the condition of the test mold;
8. Through the analysis or experience of the mold flow, it can be judged whether the joint line of the product due to the position of the gate affects the appearance and function of the product, and can be solved by adding a cold material hole;
9. When the mold is more than one hole, the same product adopts the symmetric infusion method. When different products are formed in the same mold, the largest product is placed in the position close to the main channel.
Points to note:
First, don't just focus on product design, ignore plastic mold making
Some users tend to focus on product development and development when developing products or new products, and ignore communication with the making a plastic mold production unit. After the initial design of the product design, there are two advantages to contacting plastic mold manufacturers in advance:
1. It can ensure that the designed product has a good forming process, and will not modify the stereotyped design because the parts are difficult to process;
2, the mold maker can make design preparation in advance to prevent inconvenience in the rush, affecting the construction period;
3, the production of high-quality plastic parts, only the close cooperation between the supply and demand, in order to ultimately reduce costs and shorten the cycle.
Second, don't just look at the price, we must consider all aspects of quality, cycle and service
1. There are many types of Plastic molds, which can be roughly divided into ten categories. According to different requirements of parts materials, physical and chemical properties, mechanical strength, dimensional accuracy, surface finish, service life, economy, etc., different types of molds are selected;
2. The mold with high precision requires the use of high-precision CNC machine tools, and the mold material and forming process have strict requirements. CAD / CAE / CAM mold technology is also needed to design and analyze;
3, some parts have special requirements due to molding, plastic molding also needs to use hot runners, gas-assisted molding, nitrogen cylinders and other advanced processes;
4. Manufacturers should have CNC, EDM, wire-cutting machine tools and CNC copy milling equipment, high-precision grinding machines, high-precision three-coordinate measuring instruments, computer design and related software;
5, the general large-scale stamping dies (such as automotive cover parts mold) should consider whether the machine tool has a crimping mechanism, and even side lubricants, multi-station grade and so on. In addition to punching tonnage, it is necessary to consider the punching, feeding device, machine tool and mold protection device;
6. The manufacturing methods and processes of the above injection moulding are not available and mastered by every enterprise. When choosing a collaborative manufacturer, you must understand its processing capabilities, not only look at hardware equipment, but also combine management level, processing experience and technical strength;
7, for the same set of plastic molds, different manufacturers sometimes have a big gap. You should not pay more than the cost of the mold, and should not be less than the cost of the mold. Mold manufacturers, like you, have to make a reasonable profit in the business. Ordering a set of molds with much lower quotations can be a hassle to start. Users must proceed from their own requirements and comprehensively measure them.
Third, avoid multi-headed collaboration, try to make plastic mold making and product processing one-stop
1. With qualified abs plastic molding, it is not always possible to produce qualified products in batches. This is mainly related to the selection of the machine tool for the part, the forming process (forming temperature, forming time, etc.) and the technical quality of the operator;
2, with a good plastic base molding, but also have a good forming process, it is best to work together, try to avoid long-term collaboration. If the conditions are not met, it is necessary to choose a party to be fully responsible, and be sure to write clearly when ordering the contract.
Post time: Mar-01-2019